Developing Your Potential Sponsor List
Think about some of these people, businesses, or categories of people that you might contact about sponsorship.
Christmas Card List
1. Make a list of names, phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses of people who you can contact, send a letter or email. Remember to include businesses and companies in your list.
2. Send out your letter or emails to those you want to personally call. Giving them some information before you call is always a good idea and will help in making you more successful.
3. If you have a social media account like Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter, begin posting with your personalized fundraising page.
4. When you start making calls or asking in person, remember that you are giving them an opportunity to support a worthy cause that changes the lives of chidren. You are letting people know about a need you believe in and asking for their help. Challenge them to sponsor you and be appreciative of any amount they can give.
5. Don’t be discouraged if a few reject your request. Remember that you are asking for their help and some may not be able to, for various reasons. Most requests will be met with support.
6. Keep adding to your list as new people come to mind. Always keep your eyes open for new potential sponsors.
7. Don’t quit, even if you reach your initial goal! The more sponsorship you raise, the more opportunity you will have to earn additional incentives and help your team rise above the crowd! The amount of money you raise will directly impact the number of children and families that will be helped at AGAPE.
8. Is there someone you know who might “match”, dollar for dollar, the money you raise? Be creative about how you can reach your goal.
9. ENTHUSIASM IS CONTAGIOUS!